|Study location||Turkey, Istanbul|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Turkish.
Ph.D. in law programs offer a structured research framework in national, comparative, and international legal studies with its commitment to cutting edge research. Its unique approach with a strong focus on research skills and bilingual coursework (Turkish-English) prepares the candidates for sincere legal scholarship under close supervision of leading scholars in an intellectual environment dedicated to excellence in research and teaching.
Our fully-funded four-year Ph.D. program is an excellent opportunity for scholars interested in pursuing doctoral studies in law.
Koç Law School Priorities for Ph.D. Research Areas
• Constitutionalism Freedom of expression
• Comparative constitutional review
• Women’s human rights
• Parliamentary studies in comparative context
• International human rights law with a focus on socio-economic rights, gender equality
• Presidentialism in comparative context
• Law and politics
• Law of Criminal Procedure General Principles of Criminal Law
• Public international law projects focusing on theories and sources of international law, the law on the use of force, regime interaction and interactions between sub-branches of international law, Turkish approaches to international law
• International Human Rights Law Projects focusing on the jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights and UN Treaty bodies, comparative human rights law, the margin of appreciation, the interplay between human rights law and constitutional law, reception and implementation of human rights law in domestic contexts, and backlash against International Human Rights Law.
• Private international Law, conflict of laws, international jurisdiction, international procedural law, arbitration, dispute resolution, asylum law, investment law, international transportation law, mediation
• Types of Employment Contract and Employment Obligations of the Employer throughout the Employment Contract
• Protection of Women Workers
• Termination of the Employment Contract with Just Cause
• Severance Pay
• Amicable Ways of Settlement in Collective Labour Disputes
• Insurance law, maritime law, new technologies and insurance law, autonomy and insurance law, reinsurance law
• Double tax treaties Value added tax
• Corporate tax
The Ph.D. programs in LLM Public or Private Law are offered in English with a duration of 4 years in our main campus in Istanbul.