|Study location||Türkiye, Istanbul|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Students with a BS/MS degree in Basic Sciences (biology, chemistry, molecular biology and genetics, physics, mathematics, psychology, etc) or Health Sciences (dentistry, veterinary medicine, medical biology, physical therapy and rehabilitation, nutrition and dietetics, nursing, etc) or MD degree are eligible to apply.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Turkish.
At least 2 reference(s) must be provided.
- You should aim to provide 2 academic references but employer references are also accepted
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
One of the most important parts of your application is the motivation letter. Its goal is to introduce your background and support your application. In short, its goal is to answer the question:
Write in a clear and logical manner: remember, the way you write and present yourself says a lot about you. Do not plagiarize as this will mean automatic disqualification from the evaluation process.
Some points that may help you answer this question:
Click here to check our How to write a strong Motivation Letter or Statement of Purpose video on YouTube.
- TOEFL (for international applicants),
- GRE (for International applicants)
Please note that GRE and TOEFL requirements can’t be waived for any applicants even if they did their whole previous education in English.
Click here for details.
What will you gain from this Master program?
The MSc in Immunology (Non-Thesis) program at Koç University’s Graduate School of Health Sciences will give you both detailed theoretical information about basic immunological mechanisms, and practical tools to use this information in the field of health.
The aim of the program is to investigate the effect of immunological processes on the formation of diseases, especially cancer, and to develop a translational researcher perspective that addresses critical questions about treatment, and to conduct high-impact studies in this field.
The program offers courses that will allow you to develop a broad multidisciplinary approach to basic immunology knowledge such as advanced clinical immunology, transplantation, neuro-immunology, allergy, autoimmunity, tolerance, tumor immunology, infection, and immunity.
What is unique about our MSc in Immunology?
- The MSc in Immunology at Koç University is the first and only program of its kind in Turkey and offers the same level of research facilities and career opportunities that can be expected from highly reputable programs in European or North American universities.
- MSc Immunology Non-Thesis students have access through the final project supervisors to Koç University’s Translational Medicine Research Center (KUTTAM) and several of the university’s 300+ research laboratories in a structure that aims to improve human health by bringing together life sciences, social sciences, engineering, and medicine. This helps you as a student to:
- Become comfortable working in a multidisciplinary working culture, as Immunology is an interdisciplinary science.
- Adapt to contemporary technological developments
- Provide important contributions to the development of new solutions for the problems of human health in the medium and long term in Turkey or your own country through all kinds of new treatment options, diagnostic kits, medical device development, medicines, and drugs for the diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and control of diseases, their mitigation and prevention.
- Courses are taught by highly qualified faculty members in Immunology but also from other fields of medicine such as molecular genetics, microbiology, histology, biochemistry, pharmacology, biomedical engineering, pediatrics, dermatology, chest diseases, neurology, ophthalmology, gynecology, internal and surgery giving you an integrated Education.
The MSc in Immunology (Non-Thesis) is designed to be completed in 1 calendar year over 3 semesters (Fall, Spring and Fall). During this year the students will complete a total of 10 courses and a graduation project supervised by one of the program faculty members. Courses are offered during weekdays (Monday-Friday) and working hours. (if necessary the courses will be held on weekend) Students who may not be able to complete the courses in Istanbul may also follow and take the courses online.
Students who graduate from the MSc in Immunology program will be able to direct themselves to different fields or institutions. In this way, the training and skills required for these students to work in the centers where immunology studies are carried out are provided. This qualified manpower will continue its research and studies in universities, industry, public, and research centers, moreover, it will continue to cooperate between these institutions and will serve the development and sustainability of our country’s health industry.