|Study location||Türkiye, Istanbul|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Applicants are expected to be graduated from an undergraduate program. Students, who are still studying and are expected to graduate before the Fall Term, can also apply.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Turkish.
At least 2 reference(s) must be provided.
- You should aim to provide 2 academic references but employer references are also accepted
• Official Transcripts
• Applicant should have taken at least one course from each group listed below with a “B” or equivalent grade.
Group 1: Introduction to Psychology, Recent Topics in Psychology
• English Language Proficiency:
- TOEFL (for international applicants),
• Standardized tests:
-GRE (for international applicants)
• 2 reference letters
After application, all applications are evaluated by the committee and ranked within their ALES/GRE scores, recommendation letters, etc. If needed, interviews are held by the committee.
Click here for details.
The Department of Psychology aims at producing theoretical and applied research, scholarship, and teaching at a quality that meets and even exceeds the national and international academic standards and at addressing issues that are relevant to national and human development. The Department seeks active participation of the students in such research projects, to help them gain first-hand experience in conducting research and to familiarize them with issues that are of concern to human development.
Students with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or a related program are encouraged to apply. Students with Bachelor`s degrees in other fields will have a lower chance to be admitted to the program.
The department expects the students to gain knowledge in almost all fields of psychology and to be aware of different approaches to psychology. The interests of the faculty include a wide range of areas such as cognitive, social, social-cognitive, cross-cultural, organizational, developmental, clinical psychology, and psychology of language. Students get a chance to actively participate in national and international research projects that are conducted by our faculty. The department also regularly invites leading national and international scholars in psychology to introduce students to the field at large.
Psychology Graduate Program offers the four research tracks in the following areas:
- Clinical Psychological Science
- Cognitive Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Social I/O Psychology
- To master the basic concepts of psychology, to have the ability to apply these concepts to professional practices.
- To learn objective methods to study human behavior, feelings, and thoughts, to conduct scientific studies applying these methods.
- To develop an awareness of the social-psychological problems, and an ability to formulate knowledge and solutions to such problems.
- To develop skills in critical and analytical thinking.
- Developing effective written and spoken communication skills and working effectively both individually and in a team.
- To know the professional limits, competencies, and professional responsibilities, to apply the rules of professional ethics and values in their studies.
- Identify and analyze current problems in psychology and in related fields
- Knowing the psychological approaches and methods used in a chosen field of study, preparing unique scientific work, and publishing original articles on psychological disorders according to the field of expertise.
- To understand the relationship of psychology with other disciplines.
MA in Psychology Non-Thesis Program is a one-year program consisting of 10 courses (30 credits) and a Project. Project Course is non-credit and evaluated as Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory.
Students should take at least 3 courses from 2-course groups and to complete the course load, they should take courses from other groups of the elective course lists.
Click here for details.
Graduates of Koç University Psychology graduate programs can continue their academic careers in Turkey and abroad. And they also will be privileged to work in hospitals, rest homes, and rehabilitation centers, schools, courses, prisons, and human resources departments.
Click here for the MA placements.