|Study location||Türkiye, Istanbul|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Applicants must have B.S. or B.A. degrees preferably in engineering or in sciences relevant to the particular degree program.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Turkish.
At least 2 reference(s) must be provided.
- You should aim to provide 2 academic references but employer references are also accepted
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
One of the most important parts of your application is the motivation letter. Its goal is to introduce your background and support your application. In short, its goal is to answer the question:
Write in a clear and logical manner: remember, the way you write and present yourself says a lot about you. Do not plagiarize as this will mean automatic disqualification from the evaluation process.
Some points that may help you answer this question:
Click here to check our How to write a strong Motivation Letter or Statement of Purpose video on YouTube.
• Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
• Having graduated from a bachelor’s program with a minimum GPA of 3.0
• 2 Recommendation Letters
• English proficiency test score (for those applicants whose native language is not English)
– TOEFL Internet-Based: minimum score of 80 (exams taken in Turkey must be carried out at the test centers in state universities)
– YDS/e-YDS/YOKDIL: minimum score of 80 (for Turkish applicants)
• ALES (for Turkish applicants) / GRE (for international applicants) test score
• Official transcripts from all the university degrees completed
• Statement of Purpose
At the beginning of the 21st century, novel technologies are allowing us to make exciting new discoveries and obtain detailed knowledge of how molecules, cells, tissues, and organisms operate. These advances are changing the way in which we diagnose and treat human diseases. In light of these developments, it is crucial that we educate today’s students about biology at the molecular level. Koç University’s Molecular Biology and Genetics Masters Program succeed in providing broad and deep education in the biological sciences.
The Molecular Biology and Genetics Masters Program offers advanced cell and molecular biology and genetics courses as well as electives in areas, such as cancer biology, neuroscience, and bioinformatics. Students in the Molecular Biology and Genetics program will engage in experimental research by working with faculty members in their dynamic research programs.
The M.S. program without Thesis option requires that the students successfully complete a minimum of 30 credits (with 10 courses) beyond a Bachelor’s degree. The non-thesis option also consists of a non-credit pass or fail M.S. Project course.
The program will prepare students for careers in areas including academia, pharmaceutical discovery and development, biotechnology, environmental sciences, food quality control, and forensics.