Koç University High School Winter Camp applications are open!
High School Winter Camps
Koç University High School Winter Camp Program provides high school students with the opportunity to acquire beginner-level knowledge and skills in certain career areas, gain experience in these areas prior to their university choices, and gain detailed information about career steps!
The program, which will enable high school students to better shape their future decisions and make their higher education choices more consciously, will be adapted from the curriculum offered to our undergraduate students and given by Koç University faculty and research assistants. The activities that students will participate in during the program will enable them to create awareness in their academic and social lives.
25 January – 7 February 2021 (2 weeks)
- Students can choose from four camp options offered in the program:
- User Experience (UX) (English)
- Introduction to Programming (English)
- Law (Turkish)
- Medicine (Turkish)
- All courses will be taught in English or Turkish (based on the camp option chosen) by Koç University faculty members and teaching assistants on Monday through Thursdays.
- Grading on courses will be as follow: “Completed”, “Completed Successfully” and “Completed with Distinction”. Also, all students who completed the program with required attendance will receive a “Participation Certificate”.
- In addition, students will attend seminars by our faculty members –called “Meeting with Faculty Hour”- covering various programs offered by our university which will give students an opportunity to observe different applications in these fields.
- Students will be able to take sports lessons with a professional instructor on certain days of the weekdays.
- Students will be able to join different activities and/or games in the evenings during the program.
- Students will be matched with mentors, who are full-time undergraduate students of Koç University. Mentors will help students with any questions they may have regarding the program and university rules.
For further information, click here.
10 Nov 2020