|Study location||Turkey, Istanbul|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Students can apply to the Ph.D. programs with a B.S. or M.S. degree.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Turkish.
At least 3 reference(s) must be provided.
- You should aim to provide 3 academic references but employer references are also accepted
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
One of the most important parts of your application is the motivation letter. Its goal is to introduce your background and support your application. In short, its goal is to answer the question:
Write in a clear and logical manner: remember, the way you write and present yourself says a lot about you. Do not plagiarize as this will mean automatic disqualification from the evaluation process.
Some points that may help you answer this question:
Click here to check our How to write a strong Motivation Letter or Statement of Purpose video on YouTube.
1. Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
2. 3 Recommendation Letters
3. TOEFL or YDS/e-YDS/YOKDIL Requirement (for those whose native language is not English)
– TOEFL Internet-Based: Minimum Score 80 (Exams taken in Turkey must be carried out at the State Universities)
– YDS/e-YDS/YOKDIL: 80
4. ALES/GRE score
5. Official transcripts from all the universities attended
6. Statement of Purpose
Our PhD program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering aims to provide advanced education and cutting-edge research experience in electrical and electronics engineering or electrical and computer engineering crossing the boundary of the two disciplines. The focus of this program is excellence in research.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering graduate and doctoral programs provide students the opportunity to develop themselves in the following research areas:
• Micro and Nano Systems (MEMS & NEMS)
• Wireless, Acoustic, Nano and Quantum Communication
• Waves, Optics and Photonics
• Electrical, Biological, and Nano-Scale Systems
• Signal, Speech, Image and Video Processing
• Multimedia and Networking
• Machine Learning
The Ph.D. degree requires successful completion of 14 courses within 3 years and take the Qualifying Examination within the 7th semester at the latest beyond the B.S. degree and 7 courses within 2 years and take the Qualifying Examination within the 5th semester at the latest beyond the M.S. degree.
In addition to the credit courses, students must complete the non-credit courses; ELEC 590 Seminar, ENGL 500 Graduate Writing, and TEAC 500 Teaching Experience.